Dinosaur Invitation to Play Sensory Box *Limited Edition*
Let your little palaeontologist’s imagination run wild, dig for fossils and erupt a volcano. Step into nature and explore the garden, cut some grass (great fine motor skills), collect some leaves, dirt and rocks.
Sensory trays have become an increasingly popular tool that is used for both calming and educational purposes. Allow your child to engage in age-appropriate mindfulness activities, developing dispositions such as curiosity and creativity. With a plethora of learning opportunities, these can be used for an invitation to play to promote creativity and imagination.
* Activity 1: Invitation to play (fossil egg, black beans, Dinosaurs, wooden scoop, wooden logs, puzzle pieces, grass, twigs, leaves)
* Activity 2: Fossil Egg Dig
* Activity 3: Volcano Eruption (volcano, dropper, instructions below)
* Activity 4: Dinosaur facts - peep inside book
* Activity 5: Wooden fact board – read facts about dinosaurs. Can you find the matching dinosaurs?
* Activity 6: Dinosaur footprint puzzle match (12 piece set)- can you read the word and match the picture? Can you find the dinosaur that corresponds with the footprint? These puzzle pieces are extremely versatile. They work great with your play tray set up and use them for tracing - another great activity for fine motor skills.
(Additional items from home: Play Tray/Tub of your choice, grass, leaves for the tray)
Volcano: Add baking soda and a drop of red food colouring to the volcano. Fill your dropper with vinegar and squirt it into the baking soda in the volcano. (not recommended for a wooden tray as the red food dye will stain the wood).
Fine Motor Skills
Literacy and Numeracy
What inside the box?
Fossil Egg x 1
Black rocks x 1 bag
Green peas x 1 bag
Long Bamboo Scoop x 1
Dinosaurs x 10
Dropper x 1
Plastic Volcano x 1
Dinosaur Book x 1
Wooden Dinosaur Fact Board x 1
Wooden Dinosaur puzzle (12 piece set)
* Wooden tray not included but available for purchase *
Enjoy hours of fun! This is a beautiful way to reconnect with your little ones on an emotional level - nurture them and make them feel loved daily “fill their buckets.”